While a picture can tell a thousand words, words can enhance a picture by telling a story, providing context, or adding an air of mystery. Similarly, Instagram captions can help complete your Instagram post. You might add an Instagram caption to direct customers to your bio link, share selfie quotes, or increase social media engagement.
In this article, you’ll learn what an Instagram caption is, why you should use one, and tips for writing the best Instagram captions. You’ll even find a comprehensive list of cool Instagram captions you can use for your photos. Feel free to copy-and-paste the ones you like — and then check your Instagram analytics to see the difference in your posts’ performance.
What is an Instagram Caption?
An Instagram caption is a written description or explanation about an Instagram photo to provide more context. Instagram captions can include emojis, hashtags, and tags. Here’s an example of a caption on Instagram:
Anna Kendrick posted a photo of her with a cute animal. Her Instagram caption reads “He followed me home ma! Can I keep him?” In this case, her caption helps give context as to why she took a picture with this animal. She told a one sentence story about how he followed her home, but likely took the photo because she thought he was cute (just look at her face!) and wanted to keep him.
How to Write Instagram Captions
1. Ask for Something
Posts with the most engagement tend to have Instagram captions that ask for something.
You might ask for friend tags such as “tag a friend who’d love this t-shirt.” You could also use your Instagram caption to ask a question such as “What do you think of this look?” And of course, you can ask for a purchase by asking people to click the link in the bio.
2. What’s the Instagram Caption Character Limit?
The Instagram caption character limit is 2,200 characters. How many words are 2,200 characters? About 330 words, give or take.
Take advantage of this character limit every now and then. Some days you might choose to write an Instagram caption with a string of emojis, but other days you might decide to share a story. 2,200 characters are enough to clearly communicate the context of your post.
Use a character count tool to keep track of the number of characters that you’ve created for your caption. It’ll make it easy for you to stay within the mentioned character limit.
3. Use Emojis as Easter Eggs
If you’ve got a sizable and loyal audience, you can use emojis to leave Easter eggs in your Instagram captions. What’s an Easter egg? They’re little hints that send a message across without explicitly saying anything.
150+ Best Instagram Captions
- Whatever is good for your soul, do that
- Even the stars were jealous of the sparkle in her eyes
- Stress less and enjoy the best
- Get out there and live a little
- I’m not high maintenance, you’re just low effort
- I’m not gonna sugar coat the truth, I’m not Willy Wonka
- Life is better when you’re laughing
- Look for the magic in every moment
- Vodka may not be the answer but it’s worth a shot
- A sass a day keeps the basics away
Instagram Captions for Selfies and Selfie Quotes
- Me, myself and I
- Just me
- But first, let me take a selfie
- Typical me
- Selfie Sunday
- I was born to shine
- Me doing me
- I don’t always take a selfie, but when I do…
- What do you think of this look?
- I woke up like this
- Couldn’t be happier
- You can regret a lot of things but you’ll never regret being kind
- Do whatever makes you happiest
- “Having the dream is easy, making it come true is hard” – Serena Williams
- Decluttering my life like Marie Kondo
- If I were rich, I’d pull a Netflix and spend $100 million on my Friends
- In 2021, I want to be as Insta famous as an egg and as ageless as Paul Rudd
- Can’t hear, can’t speak, can’t see.
- “Be heroes of your own stories” – Constance Wu
- “Hella fine and it works every time” – Ariana Grande
- My life is as crooked as Rami Malek’s bowtie
- We did it!
- Work hard then work harder
- When daydreams become reality
- Say yes, take risks, and live life on your own terms
- The impossible is now possible
- Perseverance pays… a lot!
- It wasn’t always easy but it’s worth it
- Pursue your passion and you’ll never work a day in your life
- Entrepreneur life
Short Instagram Captions
- Oh hey there!
- Short and sweet
- I got nothing
- *Insert witty Instagram caption here*
- Just livin’ life
- Just chillin’
- Today’s perfect
- Yup, another food pic
- Why so serious?
- Time for a change
Thank You Captions For Instagram and Facebook: Hey Guys, are you looking for best Thank You captions for Insta and Fb? If yes, then our website Captions For Ig will definitely like to help you to find the best of the best Thank You Captions For Instagram and Facebook. Our Website Captions For Ig is all about Best Instagram Captions.
2 thoughts on “200+ Best Instagram Captions and Selfie Quotes for Your Photos”
At the beginning, I was still puzzled. Since I read your article, I have been very impressed. It has provided a lot of innovative ideas for my thesis related to gate.io. Thank u. But I still have some doubts, can you help me? Thanks.